10 Reasons Why People Don't Buy From You Online
by Larry Dotson
1. You don't make people feel safe when
Remind people that they are ordering
through a secure server. Tell them you won't sell
their e-mail address, and all of their information
will be kept confidential.
2. You don't make your ad copy attractive.
Your ad lists features instead of benefits.
The headline does not attract at your target audience.
You don't list any testimonials or guarantees included
in your ad.
3. You don't remind people to come back and visit.
People usually don't purchase the first
time they visit. The more times they visit your site,
the greater the chance they will buy. The most effective
way is to give them a free subscription to your e-zine.
4. You don't let people know anything about your business.
They will feel more comfortable if
they know who they are buying from. Publish a section
called "About Us" on your web site. Include
your business history, profile of employees, contact
5. You don't give people as many ordering options
Accept credit cards, checks, money
orders and other forms of electronic payments. Take
orders by phone, e-mail, web site, fax, mail, etc.
6. You don't make your web site look professional.
You want to have your own domain name.
Your web site should be easy to navigate through.
The graphics should be related to the theme of your
7. You don't let people read your ad before they get
When you use free stuff to lure people
to your web site include it below your ad copy or
on another web page. If you list the freebie above
your ad they may never look to see what you're selling.
8. You don't attract the target audience that would
buy your product or service.
A simple way to do this is to survey
your existing customers to see what attracted them
to buy. This information will help you improve your
target marketing and advertising.
9. You don't test and improve your ad copy.
There are many people who write an
ad copy and never change it. You have to continually
test and improve your ad copy to get the highest possible
10. You don't give people any urgency to buy now.
Many people are interested in your
product but they put off buying it till later