The other day I ran across a neat Google sitebuilder tool.Â I actually lost the url and it took me a while to find it again.Â Don’t you hate when you do that! I’m addingÂ the link to my blog so that I won’t loose the link again.
Lately in Google Webmaster Tools I have been getting sitemap errors from the sitemaps that I have generated with XML Sitemaps.Â The error says:
- All the URLs in your Sitemap have the same priority.Â All the URLs in your Sitemap are set to the same priority (not the default priority).
For my smaller websites it makes sense to use an onlineÂ tool like this to build the xml sitemaps. That’s howÂ I came acrossÂ Sitemapbuilder.net.Â I used it and found that it was very easy to use. I have since uploaded a newÂ sitemap built using sitemapbuilder.net and the error message went away in my Google Webmaster Tools once the sitemap got spidered again.
Anyway, here are instructions on creating an error freeÂ Google sitemap:
Â 1. Visit the Sitemapbuilder.net website.
2. Enter your web address and click the “extract urls from this page button”.
3. When the new screen comes up, scroll down the page and delete any urls that you do not want to be included in your sitemap.
4. Under options click add date, priority 0.5 is ok and frequency can be weekly.
Â 5. Click the button that says Geneate Google Site Map XML
6. Copy (Ctrl+A) (Ctrl+C) the contents that are in the window which reads,
7. Open a text editor such as Word Pad or Note Pad and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents into a blank document.
8. Save the document into your root web folder as sitemap.xml.
9. Upload the sitemap.xml file to your website.
Content Â© 2008 Hoover Web Design http://www.hooverwebdesign.com
Leave a Reply
Note, all comments are moderated. If you do not see your comment, please be patient as the admin has to approve it before it is posted on this website. Spam comments are not posted. Thank you.
Hoover Web Design.
You must be logged in to post a comment.