When you want to increase search engine traffic to your website your first plan of action should be making sure your meta tags are set up properly. Â Meta Tags are very important to bringing in targeted search engine traffic to your website. This doesn’t cost you any money and is a SEO (search engine optimization) technique that you can do yourself.
When you are setting up the meta tags on each your web pages, following are some guidelines toÂ tell you how many characters and keywords you can use inside ofÂ each meta tag:
<META NAME=”title” CONTENT=”your page title here”>
- This is the title meta tag. It should be a MAX 65 characters in length.
- Recommended: site title + 3-5 descriptive keywords.
<META NAME=”description” CONTENT=”post your sites description here”>
- This is the description meta tag. It should be a MAX ofÂ 165 characters in length.
- Recommended: should contain one or two of you keyword/keyword phrases.
<META NAME=”keywords” CONTENT=”keyword1, keyword2, keyword3″>
- This is the description meta tag. It should be a MAX of 255 characters in length.
- Recommended: use 10 words, don’t list your keyword more than 3x.
For more information about keywords, read our blog post about what to do with keywords.
Content Â© 2008 Hoover Web Design http://www.hooverwebdesign.com
Leave a Reply
Note, all comments are moderated. If you do not see your comment, please be patient as the admin has to approve it before it is posted on this website. Spam comments are not posted. Thank you.
Hoover Web Design.
You must be logged in to post a comment.