Oracle Development: JDeveloper 10G – Java, J2EE, EJB, MVC, XML - overview for programmer By: Boris Makushkin
In 2004 Oracle, Inc. made its new step toward J2EE application development simplification, releasing new RAD Oracle JDeveloper 10G. First of all JDeveloper 10G is targeted to rapid web application building, utilizing all the achievements of J2EE World: web service, EJB, MVC frameworks, XML, etc. Oracle JDeveloper 10G allows you to conduct all full development cycle for complex system from UML diagram-based concept to debugging, profiling and deployment.
Lets look at the product main features:
1. Cross-platform (works under main Unix/Linux platforms and in Microsoft Windows environment) friendly development environment with high level of integration and third party plug-ins switching on. Syntax highlighting, re-factoring, transparent work with RDBMS, bi-directional code generation between UML models, EJB models, required J2EE patterns generation with one click of the button, visual web application builders and other capabilities open the doors for developer, who had never before being dreaming to create industrial-strength J2EE application!
2. PL/SQL stored procedures development and testing, plus integration with major database platforms Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL Server etc. via JDBC mechanism.
3. Deployment capability for all major application servers Oracle Application Server, IBM WebSphere, BEA WebLogic, JBoss. OC4J J2EE container comes with this environment, which perfectly fits for application development and testing.
4. Oracle JDeveloper 10G provides possibility to realize persistent layer for applications on the ADF component base, EJB components or O/R Mapper TopLink, which is also included.
5. Team Development feature with interoperability with major VCS systems CVS, Rational ClearCase, Oracle SCM
6. Oracle JDeveloper 10G unique feature is utilization of Oracle ADF (Application Developer Framework) MVC realization, enabling rapid J2EE application development. View Layer makes it possible to build applications for data exposure as for thin clients, based on web browser viewing, as well as for rich client and even wireless. Controller Layer is built on Jakarta Apache project platform popular Open Source framework Struts. Business Components Layer may be realized with various technologies - Java POJO, Oracle ADF Components, WebServices, EJB or Oracle TopLink Objects
7. At this moment (December 2004) Oracle is testing new version - Oracle JDeveloper 10g (10.1.3) Developer Preview. The new features of this new version will be completely redesigned user interface, additional re-factoring capabilities, advanced UML diagrams features, web services simplified creation, support for the web application building on Java Server Faces base, complete support for J2EE 1.4 specification, ADF Faces JSF components and others.
8. You can get production and developer preview for Oracle JDeveloper 10G here http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/index.html
Happy customizing! if you want us to do the job - give us a call 1-866-528-0577! or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Author:
Boris Makushkin is Lead Software Developer in Alba Spectrum Technologies – USA nationwide Oracle, Navision, Microsoft CRM, Microsoft Great Plains customization company, serving Chicago, California, Arizona, Colorado, Texas, Georgia, Florida, Canada, Australia, UK, Russia, Europe and internationally ( http://www.albaspectrum.com ), he is Oracle, Unix, Microsoft CRM SDK, Navision, C#, VB.Net, SQL developer.